Rep. Brian Higgins
- New York - District 26
|Representative||New York's 26th District|
|Representative||New York's 27th District|
Higgins is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Higgins to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Brian Higgins sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response and Communications
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1801: Cancer Drug Coverage Parity Act of 2013
- H.R. 1681: Restoring Confidence Through Smarter Campaigns Act
- H.Res. 171: Condemning the Republic of the Sudan for its actions to pardon Mubarak Mustafa, ...
- H.R. 600: Great Lakes Nutrient Removal Assistance Act
- H.R. 4455 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain bags for toys.
- H.R. 4456 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain infants’ products.
- H.R. 4352 (112th): Nation Building Here at Home Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to May 2013, Higgins missed 300 of 6,511 roll call votes, which is 4.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Higgins [D-NY26]: Not VotingMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.
Rep. Higgins [D-NY26]: Not VotingMay 17, 2013 1:05 p.m.
Agreed to 233/163
Rep. Higgins [D-NY26]: Not VotingMay 17, 2013 12:58 p.m.
Rep. Higgins [D-NY26]: Not VotingMay 17, 2013 10:55 a.m.