Braley is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Braley to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bruce Braley sits on the following committees:
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Braley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 181: Supporting the goals and ideals of Workers’ Memorial Day in order to honor ...
- H.R. 1704: Support Our Startups Act of 2013
- H.R. 1557: Plain Regulations Act of 2013
- H.R. 1283: Main Street Stabilization Act of 2013
- H.R. 1238: True Cost of War Act of 2013
- H.R. 1127: Rebuild American Manufacturing Act of 2013
- H.R. 904: Justice for the American Diplomats Held Hostage in Tehran Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Braley missed 290 of 5,300 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Braley [D-IA1]: YeaMay 20, 2013 7:05 p.m.
Rep. Braley [D-IA1]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.