Rep. Cecil Heftel
Former Representative from Hawaii's 1st District
|Representative||Hawaii's 1st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Heftel was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Heftel’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Heftel to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Heftel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4254 (99th): A bill to provide for the duty-free entry of certain structures and ...
- H.R. 4124 (99th): A bill to amend the Indian Education Act and other Acts relating ...
- H.R. 4101 (99th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to extend ...
- H.R. 3255 (99th): Small Business Tax Simplification Act of 1985
- H.Res. 259 (99th): A resolution to request that the President establish a bipartisan commission on ...
- H.Res. 243 (99th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives to preserve ...
- H.R. 2825 (99th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Jun 1986, Heftel missed 1,079 of 5,126 roll call votes, which is 21.0%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills