Rep. Chris Van Hollen Jr.
- Maryland - District 8
|Representative||Maryland's 8th District|
Van Hollen is a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Van Hollen to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Chris Van Hollen Jr. sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on the Budget
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Van Hollen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2060: To amend the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 to ...
- H.Res. 174: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Speaker should immediately ...
- H.R. 1415: Innovative Technologies Investment Incentive Act of 2013
- H.R. 822: Teaching Geography is Fundamental Act
- H.R. 699: Stop the Sequester Job Loss Now Act
- H.R. 148: DISCLOSE 2013 Act
- H.R. 6068 (112th): Chesapeake Bay Watershed Fairness Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2013, Van Hollen missed 98 of 7,755 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity