Rep. Claudine Schneider
Former Representative from Rhode Island's 2nd District
|Representative||Rhode Island's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Schneider was a centrist Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Schneider’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Schneider to other members of the House of Representatives in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Schneider’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4395 (101st): To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Administrator of ...
- H.R. 4236 (101st): To extend until January 1, 1994, the existing temporary suspension of duty ...
- H.J.Res. 461 (101st): Conferring United States citizenship posthumously upon Ivan Dario Perez.
- H.R. 3503 (101st): Ocean Dumping Enforcement Improvement Act of 1989
- H.R. 3060 (101st): To suspend temporarily the duty on 2,3,6-Trimethylphenol (TMP).
- H.R. 2872 (101st): Narragansett Bay Protection Act of 1989
- H.R. 2873 (101st): To amend the Land Remote-Sensing Commercialization Act of 1984 in order to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1990, Schneider missed 283 of 4,415 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills