Sen. Clifford Hansen
Former Senator from Wyoming
See Also: Congress.gov
Hansen was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hansen’s time serving in the Senate.
Use this chart to compare Hansen to other members of the Senate in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Hansen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.J.Res. 162 (95th): A Joint Resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating ...
- S. 3065 (95th): Investment Incentive Act
- S. 2988 (95th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to engage in ...
- S. 2786 (95th): A bill for the relief of Hanna-Luise Heck.
- S. 2328 (95th): A bill to amend Private Law 95-21 to make a technical correction ...
- S. 2329 (95th): A bill to amend the Fort Laramie National Monument Act.
- S. 2307 (95th): A bill to amend the Interstate Commerce Act to prohibit the amount ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1967 to Oct 1978, Hansen missed 426 of 5,753 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is better than the median of 10.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills