Rep. Daniel Schaefer
Former Representative from Colorado's 6th District
|Representative||Colorado's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Schaefer was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Schaefer’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Schaefer to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Schaefer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4017 (105th): Energy Conservation Reauthorization Act of 1998
- H.R. 3532 (105th): Nuclear Regulatory Commission Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1999
- H.Res. 317 (105th): Providing for the agreement of the House to the Senate amendment to ...
- H.R. 2915 (105th): To extend certain programs under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act and ...
- H.R. 2472 (105th): To extend certain programs under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act.
- H.R. 2001 (105th): National Retail Sales Tax Act of 1997
- H.R. 1325 (105th): National Retail Sales Tax Act of 1997
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 1983 to Dec 1998, Schaefer missed 231 of 8,171 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills