Rep. David Dennis
Former Representative from Indiana's 10th District
|Representative||Indiana's 10th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Dennis was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Dennis’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Dennis to other members of the House of Representatives in the 93rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Dennis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17521 (93rd): A bill relating to executive privilege.
- H.R. 16998 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.Res. 1154 (93rd): Resolution authorizing the Committee on the Judiciary to file brief as amicus ...
- H.R. 11555 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restriction ...
- H.R. 11467 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restrictions ...
- H.R. 11369 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restrictions ...
- H.R. 11264 (93rd): A bill to provide for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor, and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Dennis missed 134 of 2,151 roll call votes, which is 6.2%. This is better than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills