Rep. David Evans
Former Representative from Indiana's 6th District
|Representative||Indiana's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Evans was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Evans’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Evans to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5946 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to exclude ...
- H.R. 4218 (97th): A bill to amend the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards ...
- H.R. 3888 (97th): A bill to amend the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards ...
- H.R. 3646 (97th): Credit Union Modernization Act of 1981
- H.R. 2883 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to clarify ...
- H.Con.Res. 82 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the Federal ...
- H.R. 8287 (96th): A bill to provide that interest on certain obligations issued by certain ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Evans missed 363 of 4,883 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills