Rep. David Satterfield III
Former Representative from Virginia's 3rd District
|Representative||Virginia's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Satterfield was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Satterfield’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Satterfield to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Satterfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 754 (96th): A resolution to call on the President to declare a national emergency ...
- H.R. 7102 (96th): Veterans’ Administration Health-Care Program Amendments of 1980
- H.R. 6712 (96th): A bill to amend Public Law 95-520, to extend the deadline for ...
- H.R. 6466 (96th): A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to repeal the requirement ...
- H.R. 6227 (96th): A bill to repeal the federal requirement of incremental pricing under the ...
- H.R. 6153 (96th): Veterans Administration Physicians and Dentists Pay Comparability Act of 1980
- H.R. 5979 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1965 to Dec 1980, Satterfield missed 282 of 7,081 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is better than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills