Stockman was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Stockman’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Stockman to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Stockman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8129 (96th): A bill to enhance the economic and military security of the United ...
- H.R. 8101 (96th): Hazardous Waste Containment Act of 1980
- H.R. 7476 (96th): A bill for the relief of Caliopi Sue McDaniel.
- H.R. 5413 (96th): Motor Vehicle Regulatory Improvement Act of 1979
- H.R. 4541 (96th): A bill for the relief of Pik Yee Tang.
- H.Con.Res. 738 (95th): A resolution to oppose the implementation and enforcement by the President of ...
- H.Con.Res. 737 (95th): A resolution to oppose the implementation and enforcement by the President of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills