Rep. David Treen
Former Representative from Louisiana's 3rd District
|Representative||Louisiana's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Treen was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Treen’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Treen to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Treen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5440 (96th): A bill to limit the jurisdiction of the courts of the United ...
- H.R. 5261 (96th): Illegal Alien Control Act of 1979
- H.R. 5179 (96th): A bill to amend Title IV of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands ...
- H.R. 5104 (96th): A bill to amend the National Labor Relations Act to provide that ...
- H.R. 5105 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to exclude ...
- H.R. 4978 (96th): A bill to establish minimum periods of time for the completion of ...
- H.R. 4979 (96th): A bill to establish minimum periods of time for the issuance of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Mar 1980, Treen missed 790 of 4,616 roll call votes, which is 17.1%. This is worse than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Mar 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills