Sen. Dean Heller
|Representative||Nevada's 2nd District|
Heller is a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Heller to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Dean Heller sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science and Space
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Heller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 962: IRS Accountability Act of 2013
- S. 936: Transparency in Small Business Assistance Act
- S. 868: Filipino Veterans Promise Act
- S. 757: Multispecies Habitat Conservation Plan Implementation Act
- S. 674: Accountability for Veterans Act of 2013
- S. 604: Jerusalem Embassy and Recognition Act of 2013
- S. 490: Mobile Mammography Promotion Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2011 to May 2013, Heller missed 32 of 554 roll call votes, which is 5.8%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: YeaMay 23, 2013 1:59 p.m.
Amendment Rejected 27/71
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:38 a.m.