Rep. Delwin Clawson
Former Representative from California's 33rd District
|Representative||California's 33rd District|
|Representative||California's 23rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Clawson was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Clawson’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Clawson to other members of the House of Representatives in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Clawson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14257 (95th): American Tax Reduction Plan Act
- H.J.Res. 807 (95th): A resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States ...
- H.R. 8830 (95th): A bill to amend title 5 of the United States Code to ...
- H.R. 7955 (95th): A bill to amend title 5 of the United States Code to ...
- H.J.Res. 529 (95th): Joint resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating the ...
- H.J.Res. 494 (95th): Joint resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating the ...
- H.J.Res. 439 (95th): Joint resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 1963 to Oct 1978, Clawson missed 966 of 5,837 roll call votes, which is 16.5%. This is worse than the median of 8.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills