Rep. Dennis Eckart
Former Representative from Ohio's 11th District
|Representative||Ohio's 11th District|
|Representative||Ohio's 22nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Eckart was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Eckart’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Eckart to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Eckart’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 515 (102nd): To provide for a settlement of the railroad labor-management disputes between certain ...
- H.J.Res. 517 (102nd): Railway Strike bill
- H.R. 4905 (102nd): Oil and Natural Gas Exploration and Production Waste Management Improvement Act of ...
- H.R. 3560 (102nd): Cable Consumer Protection Act of 1991
- H.R. 3380 (102nd): Fair Competition in Broadcasting Act of 1991
- H.R. 2916 (102nd): Federal Alternative Fuel Vehicle Procurement and Management Act of 1991
- H.R. 2194 (102nd): Federal Facility Compliance Act of 1992
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Eckart missed 114 of 5,374 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills