Rep. Donald Mitchell
Former Representative from New York's 31st District
|Representative||New York's 31st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Mitchell was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Mitchell’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Mitchell to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Mitchell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 590 (97th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to proclaim March ...
- H.R. 6885 (97th): A bill to designate the Broadway/Times Square Theatre District in the City ...
- H.R. 6201 (97th): A bill to amend the Public Works and Economic Development Act of ...
- H.R. 5966 (97th): A bill to amend the Social Security Act to provide for a ...
- H.R. 5873 (97th): A bill to designate the Helen Hayes and Morosco Theaters in the ...
- H.R. 4694 (97th): A bill for the relief of Paclav Wesley Haramule.
- H.R. 4583 (97th): A bill to extend patent numbered 26,901 (originally issued as number 3,226,696) ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1982, Mitchell missed 342 of 5,933 roll call votes, which is 5.8%. This is better than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills