Rep. Donald Payne Jr.
- New Jersey - District 10
|Representative||New Jersey's 10th District|
Payne is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Payne to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Donald Payne Jr. sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response and Communications
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
House Committee on Small Business
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Payne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2195: To support Promise Neighborhoods.
- H.R. 1376: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 369 ...
- H.R. 868: Safer Neighborhoods Gun Buyback Act of 2013
- H.Res. 69: Supporting the designation of March 2013, as National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2012 to May 2013, Payne missed 17 of 237 roll call votes, which is 7.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Payne [D-NJ10]: YeaMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Payne [D-NJ10]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Payne [D-NJ10]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.