Collins is a centrist Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Collins to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Doug Collins sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on the Judiciary
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service, and the Census
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Collins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1992: Israel QME Enhancement Act
- H.R. 1493: Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, Collins missed 8 of 179 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Collins [R-GA9]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Collins [R-GA9]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Collins [R-GA9]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.