Rep. Douglas “Pete” Peterson
Former Representative from Florida's 2nd District
|Representative||Florida's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Peterson was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Peterson’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Peterson to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Peterson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3130 (104th): Health Insurance Affordability Act of 1996
- H.R. 3040 (104th): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue a certificate of documentation ...
- H.Res. 277 (104th): Relating to a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 2571 (104th): Comprehensive Long-Term Care Reform Act of 1995
- H.R. 2071 (104th): Health Care Improvement Act of 1995
- H.R. 1648 (104th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that 5 additional ...
- H.R. 1413 (104th): To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Peterson missed 291 of 3,393 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills