Rep. Douglas Walgren
Former Representative from Pennsylvania's 18th District
|Representative||Pennsylvania's 18th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Walgren was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Walgren’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Walgren to other members of the House of Representatives in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Walgren’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5958 (101st): Tropical Forest Consumer Information and Protection Act of 1990
- H.R. 5930 (101st): To provide authority for the President to seize Iraqi-held interests in U.S. ...
- H.R. 5543 (101st): Behavioral and Social Sciences Directorate Act of 1990
- H.R. 5225 (101st): To amend the Defense Production Act of 1950 to clarify and strengthen ...
- H.R. 5224 (101st): Gas Related Activities Act of 1990
- H.R. 4951 (101st): Medicare Home Hemodialysis Improvement Act of 1990
- H.R. 4952 (101st): Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1990, Walgren missed 383 of 7,243 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills