Rep. Edward Mezvinsky
Former Representative from Iowa's 1st District
|Representative||Iowa's 1st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Mezvinsky was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Mezvinsky’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Mezvinsky to other members of the House of Representatives in the 94th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Mezvinsky’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15853 (94th): A bill to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to authorize ...
- H.R. 13464 (94th): A bill to extend the period in which application may be made ...
- H.R. 10835 (94th): Food Industry Antitrust Reports Act
- H.R. 10407 (94th): Food Industry Antitrust Reports Act
- H.R. 10204 (94th): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code so ...
- H.R. 10117 (94th): Food Industry Antitrust Reports Act
- H.R. 10118 (94th): Food Industry Antitrust Reports Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1976, Mezvinsky missed 53 of 2,329 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is better than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills