Rep. Ella Grasso
Former Representative from Connecticut's 6th District
|Representative||Connecticut's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Grasso was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Grasso’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Grasso to other members of the House of Representatives in the 93rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Grasso’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1447 (93rd): Resolution expressing the sense of the House that the price of domestic ...
- H.R. 17371 (93rd): A bill to make it an unfair practice for any retailer to ...
- H.R. 17231 (93rd): A bill to make it an unfair practice for any retailer to ...
- H.R. 17181 (93rd): A bill to make it an unfair practice for any retailer to ...
- H.Res. 1426 (93rd): Resolution concerning the safety and freedom of Valentyn Moroz, Ukrainian historian.
- H.R. 17025 (93rd): Public Documents Act
- H.R. 16945 (93rd): A bill to exclude from gross income the first $1,000 of interest ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Dec 1974, Grasso missed 292 of 1,706 roll call votes, which is 17.1%. This is worse than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills