Rep. Esteban Torres
Former Representative from California's 34th District
|Representative||California's 34th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Torres was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Torres’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Torres to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Torres’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 303 (105th): Expressing the sense of the Congress that the President should declare Kneeling ...
- H.R. 2514 (105th): To authorize the President to award a congressional gold medal to the ...
- H.R. 1951 (105th): Cuban Humanitarian Trade Act of 1997
- H.R. 452 (105th): Indian Gaming Regulatory Act Amendments of 1997
- H.Con.Res. 182 (104th): Expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the need for the President ...
- H.Res. 152 (104th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should ...
- H.R. 1578 (104th): Indian Gaming Regulatory Act Amendments of 1995
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Dec 1998, Torres missed 685 of 8,211 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills