Rep. Gary Condit
Former Representative from California's 18th District
|Representative||California's 18th District|
|Representative||California's 15th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Condit was a centrist Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Condit’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Condit to other members of the House of Representatives in the 107th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Condit’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3362 (107th): Transported Air Pollution Mitigation Act of 2001
- H.Res. 165 (107th): Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 1468) to stabilize the ...
- H.R. 943 (107th): Flu Vaccine Availability Act of 2001
- H.R. 823 (107th): State Criminal Alien Assistance Program II and Local Medical Emergency Reimbursement Act
- H.R. 53 (107th): Karen Matthews Act of 2001
- H.R. 51 (107th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide that persons retiring ...
- H.R. 52 (107th): To amend the Clean Air Act to permit the exclusive application of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 1989 to Nov 2002, Condit missed 243 of 7,471 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills