Rep. George “G.K.” Butterfield Jr.
- North Carolina - District 1
|Representative||North Carolina's 1st District|
Butterfield is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Butterfield to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
George “G.K.” Butterfield Jr. sits on the following committees:
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Butterfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1288: World War II Merchant Mariner Service Act
- H.R. 595: Veterans Education Equity Act of 2013
- H.R. 5713 (112th): Talk Before You Toll Act of 2012
- H.R. 4654 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on manicure and pedicure sets.
- H.R. 4655 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on nail clippers.
- H.R. 4656 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain eyelash curlers.
- H.R. 3740 (112th): Farmers Disaster Assistance Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2004 to May 2013, Butterfield missed 347 of 6,657 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity