Jeffries is a centrist Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Jeffries to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Hakeem Jeffries sits on the following committees:
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Jeffries’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1537: To amend title 13, United States Code, to provide that individuals in prison ...
- H.R. 1499: Disaster-Affected Homeowners Notification Act of 2013
- H.R. 1501: Prison Ship Martyrs’ Monument Preservation Act
- H.R. 1498: To extend the interest rate for Federal Direct Stafford Loans.
- H.R. 554: Superstorm Sandy Mortgage Relief Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, Jeffries missed 3 of 160 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163