Rep. Harley Staggers Jr.
Former Representative from West Virginia's 2nd District
|Representative||West Virginia's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Staggers was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Staggers’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Staggers to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Staggers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5400 (102nd): Homeless Veterans Comprehensive Service Programs Act of 1992
- H.R. 4348 (102nd): Waste Management Act of 1992
- H.R. 3716 (102nd): To prohibit certain use of the terms “Visiting Nurse Association”, “Visiting Nurse ...
- H.R. 3117 (102nd): For the relief of Ghassan Hasbani.
- H.R. 2771 (102nd): To amend title 38, United States Code, to remove limitations on payment ...
- H.R. 2634 (102nd): American Flag Fidelity Act
- H.Con.Res. 164 (102nd): Expressing the sense of Congress concerning the needs of rural areas under ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Oct 1992, Staggers missed 164 of 4,566 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is better than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills