Rep. Harold Sawyer
Former Representative from Michigan's 5th District
|Representative||Michigan's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Sawyer was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Sawyer’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Sawyer to other members of the House of Representatives in the 98th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Sawyer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6201 (98th): Correctional Improvements Act of 1984
- H.Res. 537 (98th): A resolution urging the United States Postal Service to issue a postage ...
- H.R. 5865 (98th): Bail Reform Act of 1984
- H.R. 4778 (98th): Marine Recreational Fishing Licensing and Enhancement Act of 1984
- H.R. 4132 (98th): A bill to amend section 10713(a) of title 49 of the United ...
- H.Con.Res. 179 (98th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress with regard to ...
- H.R. 3635 (98th): Child Protection Act of 1984
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1984, Sawyer missed 372 of 4,494 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is worse than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills