Shuler was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Shuler’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Shuler to other members of the House of Representatives in the 112th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Shuler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6548 (112th): Diabetes Prevention Act of 2012
- H.R. 5982 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that the ...
- H.R. 3793 (112th): Investing for Tomorrow’s Schools Act of 2012
- H.R. 3065 (112th): Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
- H.R. 2086 (112th): Medical Debt Responsibility Act of 2011
- H.R. 2000 (112th): SAVE Act of 2011
- H.R. 1889 (112th): Gas Tax Holiday Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2013, Shuler missed 379 of 5,137 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity