Rep. Henry Nowak
Former Representative from New York's 33rd District
|Representative||New York's 33rd District|
|Representative||New York's 37th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Nowak was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Nowak’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Nowak to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Nowak’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5990 (102nd): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to provide for assessments ...
- H.J.Res. 536 (102nd): Designating December 6, 1992, through December 12, 1992, as “National Marine Corps ...
- H.R. 5754 (102nd): Water Resources Development Act of 1992
- H.R. 4838 (102nd): To direct the Secretary of the Army to construct a visitor center ...
- H.R. 4323 (101st): Great Lakes Critical Programs Act of 1990
- H.R. 4299 (101st): Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act of 1990
- H.R. 4214 (101st): Nonindigenous Aquatic Nuisance Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1992, Nowak missed 349 of 9,454 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is better than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills