Rep. Jack Brinkley
Former Representative from Georgia's 3rd District
|Representative||Georgia's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Brinkley was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Brinkley’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Brinkley to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Brinkley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6791 (97th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain land ...
- H.R. 6451 (97th): Military Construction Codification Act
- H.R. 6214 (97th): Military Construction Authorization Act, 1983
- H.R. 5639 (97th): A bill to authorize appropriations for civil defense programs for fiscal years ...
- H.R. 5638 (97th): Supplemental Military Construction Authorization Act, 1982
- H.R. 5561 (97th): Military Construction Authorization Act, 1983
- H.R. 5469 (97th): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1982, Brinkley missed 287 of 7,517 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is better than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills