Sen. James Abdnor
Former Senator from South Dakota
|Representative||South Dakota's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Abdnor was a lonley far-right Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Abdnor’s time serving in the Senate.
Use this chart to compare Abdnor to other members of the Senate in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Abdnor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2767 (99th): Farm Policy Reform Act of 1986
- S. 2737 (99th): A bill to amend the Commodity Exchange Act to remove the application ...
- S. 2681 (99th): A bill to amend the Small Business Act to increase the authorized ...
- S. 2589 (99th): Farm Mortgage Guarantee Act of 1986
- S.Con.Res. 146 (99th): A concurrent resolution on the Essential Air Service Program.
- S. 2502 (99th): A bill entitled the “Workers Freedom of Choice Act”.
- S. 2350 (99th): A bill to extend the period for filing a claim for credit ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Abdnor missed 41 of 2,360 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 5.7% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills