Rep. James Hayes
Former Representative from Louisiana's 7th District
|Representative||Louisiana's 7th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Hayes was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hayes’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Hayes to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 160 (104th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to provide ...
- H.R. 2940 (104th): Deepwater Port Modernization Act
- H.R. 2915 (104th): Work Opportunity Act of 1995
- H.R. 1824 (104th): Voluntary Protection Authorization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1433 (104th): Occupational Safety and Health Administration Consultation Services Authorization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1330 (104th): Comprehensive Wetlands Conservation and Management Act of 1995
- H.R. 816 (104th): To amend title 28, United States Code, with respect to the treatment ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Sep 1996, Hayes missed 637 of 5,236 roll call votes, which is 12.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills