Himes is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Himes to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
James Himes sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Himes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 237: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to childhood stroke ...
- H.R. 6187 (112th): Cure for AIDS Act of 2012
- H.R. 5615 (112th): Telecommuter Tax Fairness Act of 2012
- H.R. 5112 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on copper peptide (GHK-Cu 1:1).
- H.R. 5110 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 1-Methylimidazole.
- H.R. 5109 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 4-oxo-4-p-tolylbutyric acid adduct with 4-ethylmorpholine (NEM ...
- H.R. 5107 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain acrylic fiber tow.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Himes missed 63 of 3,444 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Himes [D-CT4]: YeaMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Himes [D-CT4]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Himes [D-CT4]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.
Sponsor: Rep. James Himes [D-CT4]
This resolution is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on May 23, 2013. It will typically be considered by committee next.May 23, 2013