Vice President James “Dan” Quayle
Former Vice President
|Representative||Indiana's 4th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Quayle was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Quayle’s time serving in the Senate.
Use this chart to compare Quayle to other members of the Senate in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Quayle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2700 (100th): Pension Benefit Protection Act
- S. 2679 (100th): At-Risk Youth Employment and Training Amendments of 1988
- S. 2579 (100th): Library Improvement Act of 1988
- S.Res. 444 (100th): A resolution to express the sense of the Senate on the Internal ...
- S. 2546 (100th): Choices in Child Care Act of 1988
- S. 2376 (100th): A bill to encourage the advance notification of major employment reductions, and ...
- S. 2343 (100th): Pension Portability Act of 1988
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills