Rep. James Weaver
Former Representative from Oregon's 4th District
|Representative||Oregon's 4th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Weaver was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Weaver’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Weaver to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Weaver’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5705 (99th): Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Act
- H.R. 5625 (99th): Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Act
- H.R. 5583 (99th): Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Act
- H.R. 5148 (99th): Nuclear Waste Policy Act Amendment of 1986
- H.R. 4937 (99th): A bill to remove the Hanford Reservation in the State of Washington ...
- H.Con.Res. 342 (99th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress regarding continued operation ...
- H.R. 4514 (99th): Campaign Finance Reform Act of 1986
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1986, Weaver missed 782 of 6,667 roll call votes, which is 11.7%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills