Polis is a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Polis to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Jared Polis sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
House Committee on Rules
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Polis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1977: Growth to Excellence Act of 2013
- H.R. 1845: Pregnant and Parenting Students Access to Education Act of 2013
- H.R. 1755: Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013
- H.R. 1652: Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2013
- H.R. 1154: BREATHE Act
- H.R. 951: Women and Workforce Investment for Nontraditional Jobs
- H.R. 791: Continuum of Learning Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Polis missed 172 of 3,444 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Polis [D-CO2]: YeaMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Polis [D-CO2]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Polis [D-CO2]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.