Altmire was a centrist Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Altmire’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Altmire to other members of the House of Representatives in the 112th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Altmire’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5996 (112th): Mental Health First Aid Higher Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 5954 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4639 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Bayderm Bottom DLV-N.
- H.R. 4637 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on p-Toluidine.
- H.R. 4634 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on 2,3-Dichloronitrobenzene.
- H.R. 4633 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Chloromethylbenzene.
- H.R. 4642 (112th): To reduce temporarily the duty on Mesamoll.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2013, Altmire missed 11 of 5,137 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity