Chaffetz is a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Chaffetz to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Jason Chaffetz sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Chaffetz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1873: Review Every Dollar Act of 2013
- H.R. 1770: To amend title 10, United States Code, to eliminate the different treatment under ...
- H.R. 1312: Geolocational Privacy and Surveillance Act
- H.Res. 117: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Federal Government should ...
- H.R. 884: Members of Congress Tax Accountability Act of 2013
- H.R. 882: Contracting and Tax Accountability Act of 2013
- H.R. 883: To amend title 38, United States Code, to permit certain veterans who were ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Chaffetz missed 72 of 3,424 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity