Rep. Jerome Ambro Jr.
Former Representative from New York's 3rd District
|Representative||New York's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Ambro was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ambro’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Ambro to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Ambro’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7717 (96th): National Ground Water Environmental Research Act of 1980
- H.J.Res. 574 (96th): A joint resolution relating to a rationing contingency plan.
- H.R. 7098 (96th): Atmospheric and Climate Authorization Act of 1981
- H.R. 7099 (96th): Environmental Research, Development, and Demonstration Authorization Act of 1981
- H.R. 5691 (96th): A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to move the ...
- H.R. 5690 (96th): A bill to amend section 112 of title 28 of the United ...
- H.R. 5594 (96th): National Water Resources Policy and Development Act of 1979
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Ambro missed 392 of 4,056 roll call votes, which is 9.7%. This is worse than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills