Rep. Jim Costa
- California - District 16
|Representative||California's 16th District|
|Representative||California's 20th District|
Costa is a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Costa to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Jim Costa sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Rural Development, and Credit
- Member, Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology, and Foreign Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Costa’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1927: More Water and Security for Californians Act
- H.R. 1677: Yosemite National Park Boundary Expansion Act of 2013
- H.R. 5907 (112th): Yosemite National Park Boundary Expansion Act of 2012
- H.R. 4914 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures containing Fluopyram and Tebuconazole.
- H.R. 4677 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures of Flubendiamide.
- H.R. 4682 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Fenhexamid.
- H.R. 4684 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Fluopyram.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to May 2013, Costa missed 333 of 6,511 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: YeaMay 20, 2013 7:05 p.m.
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.