Rep. Joe Courtney
- Connecticut - District 2
|Representative||Connecticut's 2nd District|
Courtney is a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Courtney to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Joe Courtney sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Rural Development, and Credit
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Courtney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1828: Fire Police Fairness Act
- H.R. 1827: Pediatric Subspecialty and Mental Health Workforce Reauthorization Act of 2013
- H.R. 1590: Shellfish Marketing Assistance Fairness Act
- H.R. 1595: Student Loan Relief Act of 2013
- H.R. 1471: To designate the Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley National Heritage Corridor as “The ...
- H.R. 1433: To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to extend the reduced interest ...
- H.R. 1179: Improving Access to Medicare Coverage Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Courtney missed 54 of 5,297 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163