Rep. Joe Skubitz
Former Representative from Kansas's 5th District
|Representative||Kansas's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Skubitz was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Skubitz’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Skubitz to other members of the House of Representatives in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Skubitz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14403 (95th): A bill to require that a gift or decoration presented by any ...
- H.R. 14305 (95th): Railroad Safety Incentive Act
- H.R. 14218 (95th): A bill to amend title 44, United States Code, to provide for ...
- H.R. 13797 (95th): A bill to authorize establishment of the Fort Scott National Historic Site, ...
- H.R. 13720 (95th): Visitors Promotion Act
- H.R. 13296 (95th): A bill to amend the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 ...
- H.R. 12833 (95th): Community and Airport Development Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1963 to Oct 1978, Skubitz missed 602 of 5,994 roll call votes, which is 10.0%. This is worse than the median of 8.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills