Rep. Joe Wilson
- South Carolina - District 2
|Representative||South Carolina's 2nd District|
Wilson is a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Wilson to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Joe Wilson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 879: Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act
- H.R. 738: To amend title 10, United States Code, to eliminate the requirement that certain ...
- H.R. 32: Military Surviving Spouses Equity Act
- H.R. 5525 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on forged steel crankshafts other than for ...
- H.R. 5522 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 1,4-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, polymer with ...
- H.R. 5527 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on fuel injection pumps (for compression-ignition engines), ...
- H.R. 5526 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on plain shaft sputter bearings without housing ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Dec 2001 to May 2013, Wilson missed 151 of 8,228 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Wilson [R-SC2]: YeaMay 21, 2013 3:06 p.m.
Rep. Wilson [R-SC2]: YeaMay 21, 2013 2:58 p.m.
Rep. Wilson [R-SC2]: YeaMay 20, 2013 7:05 p.m.