Sen. John Boozman
|Representative||Arkansas's 3rd District|
Boozman is a lonley far-right Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Boozman to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
John Boozman sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Boozman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 995: A bill to authorize the National Desert Storm Memorial Association to establish the ...
- S. 889: Servicemembers’ Choice in Transition Act of 2013
- S. 695: Veterans Paralympic Act of 2013
- S. 400: Corps of Engineers Recreation Improvement Act
- S. 257: GI Bill Tuition Fairness Act of 2013
- S. 3403 (112th): Death Tax Repeal Act
- S.Res. 484 (112th): A resolution designating June 7, 2012, as “National Hunger Awareness Day”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2013, Boozman missed 11 of 617 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Amendment Agreed to 87/8
Sen. Boozman [R-AR]: YeaMay 21, 2013 12:02 p.m.
S. 995: A bill to authorize the National Desert Storm Memorial Association to establish the National Desert Storm and Desert Shield Memorial as a commemorative work in the District of Columbia, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen. John Boozman [R-AR]
This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on May 21, 2013. It will typically be considered by committee next.May 21, 2013
Nomination Confirmed 90/0
Sen. Boozman [R-AR]: YeaMay 20, 2013 5:32 p.m.