Rep. John Bryant
Former Representative from Texas's 5th District
|Representative||Texas's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Bryant was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Bryant’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Bryant to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Bryant’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4145 (104th): Act to Save America’s Forests
- H.R. 2883 (104th): Family Farm and Home Protection Act
- H.Res. 242 (104th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2261) to provide for the ...
- H.R. 2407 (104th): Forest Biodiversity Act of 1995
- H.R. 2261 (104th): Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995
- H.Con.Res. 99 (104th): Providing for corrections in the enrollment of the bill (H.R. 1854) making ...
- H.Res. 127 (104th): Providing for the consideration of the resolution (H. Res. 40) to amend ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Sep 1996, Bryant missed 588 of 7,026 roll call votes, which is 8.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills