Carney is a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Carney to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
John Carney sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Carney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 905: Research and Development Tax Credit Extension Act of 2013
- H.R. 703: First State National Historical Park Act
- H.R. 644: Delaware River Basin Conservation Act of 2013
- H.R. 5720 (112th): Regulatory Reform Act of 2012
- H.R. 5032 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures of cymoxanil and inert ingredients.
- H.R. 5033 (112th): To reduce temporarily the duty on mixtures of 6-amino-5-chloro-2-cyclopropyl-pyrimidine-4-carboxylic acid and inert ...
- H.R. 5031 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 2-chlorobenzenesulfonyl isocyanate.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2013, Carney missed 21 of 1,858 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Carney [D-DE0]: NayJun 19, 2013 2:35 p.m.
Rep. Carney [D-DE0]: YeaJun 18, 2013 6:52 p.m.
Rep. Carney [D-DE0]: NayJun 18, 2013 6:44 p.m.