Culberson is a lonley far-right Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Culberson to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
John Culberson sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Culberson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 823: Space Leadership Preservation Act of 2013
- H.R. 504: To save at least $10,000,000,000 by consolidating some duplicative and overlapping Government programs.
- H.Con.Res. 11: Providing for a joint session of Congress to receive a message from the ...
- H.R. 6729 (112th): To save at least $10,000,000,000 by consolidating some duplicative and overlapping Government ...
- H.R. 6491 (112th): Space Leadership Preservation Act of 2012
- H.R. 5854 (112th): Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
- H.R. 2991 (112th): Illegal Immigration Sentencing Uniformity Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to May 2013, Culberson missed 579 of 8,747 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity