Rep. John Jenrette Jr.
Former Representative from South Carolina's 6th District
|Representative||South Carolina's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Jenrette was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Jenrette’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Jenrette to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Jenrette’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8403 (96th): A bill to provide that profits that certain Government officials derive from ...
- H.R. 8260 (96th): Oil Windfall Acquisition Act of 1980
- H.R. 7661 (96th): A bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate ...
- H.R. 7323 (96th): A bill to establish a minimum rate of duty of 45 cents ...
- H.J.Res. 506 (96th): A joint resolution designating the week beginning July 13, 1980, as “National ...
- H.R. 6329 (96th): Military Selective Service Amendments of 1980
- H.R. 5324 (96th): Employment Development Loan Act of 1979
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Jenrette missed 713 of 3,970 roll call votes, which is 18.0%. This is worse than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills