Kline is a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Kline to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
John Kline sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence, Emerging Threats and Capabilities
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Kline’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1971: To direct the Secretary of Defense to provide certain TRICARE beneficiaries with the ...
- H.R. 1911: Smarter Solutions for Students Act
- H.R. 4045 (112th): To modify the Department of Defense Program Guidance relating to the award ...
- H.R. 3990 (112th): Encouraging Innovation and Effective Teachers Act
- H.R. 3989 (112th): Student Success Act
- H.R. 3981 (112th): HONOR Act
- H.R. 3251 (112th): To ensure that Federal assistance provided under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2013, Kline missed 49 of 7,732 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163
Rep. Kline [R-MN2]: AyeMay 17, 2013 12:58 p.m.
Rep. Kline [R-MN2]: AyeMay 17, 2013 10:55 a.m.